308 vs 30-06 vs 300 Win Mag – Brief Overview Of The Most Popular .30 Caliber Cartridges
The .308 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, and .300 Winchester Magnum are all outstanding big game hunting cartridges. Though they’re similar in many ways, they are different in a few key areas and each is best suited for particular situations. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the history, strengths, and weaknesses of each cartridge as well as recommendations on which one you should be use for specific hunting conditions.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) History of the .308 Winchester, the .30-06 Springfield, and the .300 Winchester Magnum
2) How the cartridges compare to each other in terms of external dimensions, trajectory, recoil, and accuracy
3) Compare ammo and rifle choices in each cartridge
4) Detailed recommendations on which cartridge is best for hunting various big game species under different conditions
1) The Ultimate Sniper by Major John L. Plaster
2) 308 vs 30-06 vs 300 Win Mag: Which One Should You Be Hunting With? – Blog article referenced in podcast
Big Game Hunting Adventures is a veteran owned and operated business catering to the discerning big game hunter. They offer unforgettable hunting for a wide variety of big game in the South African bushveld, the iconic mountains on New Zealand’s South Island, the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia, and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta.
So, if you’re looking to hunt animals like tahr and red stag in New Zealand, black bear, moose, caribou, and whitetail deer in Canada, or kudu, impala, and cape buffalo in Africa, head over to BigGameHuntingAdventures.com to book the hunting adventure of a lifetime.