7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag – Rundown Of Two Classic Heavy Hitters
Both the 7mm Rem Mag and the 300 Win Mag probably are among the first cartridges that spring to mind for hunters thinking about buying a new rifle for a serious hunt they think they’ll need a real heavy hitter on. They’re both excellent cartridges and are similar in many ways, but they’re also different in a few key areas and each is best suited for particular situations. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the history, strengths, and weaknesses of each cartridge as well as recommendations on which one you should be use for specific hunting conditions.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) History of the 7mm Remington Magnum and the .300 Winchester Magnum
2) How the cartridges compare to each other in terms of external dimensions, trajectory, recoil, and accuracy
3) Compare ammo and rifle choices in each cartridge
4) Detailed recommendations on which cartridge is best for hunting various big game species under different conditions
1) 7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag: What You Know May Be Wrong – Blog article referenced in podcast
Big Game Hunting Adventures is a veteran owned and operated business catering to the discerning big game hunter. They offer unforgettable hunting for a wide variety of big game in the South African bushveld, the iconic mountains on New Zealand’s South Island, the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia, and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta.
So, if you’re looking to hunt animals like tahr and red stag in New Zealand, black bear, moose, and caribou in Canada, or kudu and impala in Africa, head over to BigGameHuntingAdventures.com to book the hunting adventure of a lifetime.