Do you want to hunt mule deer, elk, and/or pronghorn out west, but don’t know where to start? This episode will answer your questions. Trail Kreitzer from goHunt is back on the show today to talk about how to draw a deer, elk, or antelope tag out west in the near future. Trail drops some serious knowledge bombs in this show and this is a must listen for anyone who wants to go hunting out west but just doesn’t know where to start. Additionally, he even makes me realize that I’m in a sticky situation myself regarding my point situation in a certain state. So, be sure to listen to this episode to learn the mistake I made so you can avoid it in the future.
Show sponsor: Head over to goHunt.com and sign up for an INSIDER membership to get the information YOU need to craft a plan to fulfill your dream hunt out west. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.
Apple | iHeart | Overcast | Spotify | Stitcher
What We Covered
1) States to consider with good drawing odds (or guaranteed tags) for elk hunting.
2) Difference between the general and limited entry elk hunts in Wyoming and Montana.
3) Special considerations to keep in mind with regards to applying in Montana.
4) States to consider with good drawing odds for mule deer hunting.
5) Difference between the general and limited entry deer hunts in Wyoming and Montana.
6) Why Wyoming is such a good state in general for non-resident hunters.
7) Overview of why it’s important to have a coherent multi-state and multi-species application strategy.
8) Example of why your application sequence is so important.
My goHunt INSIDER membership is the most valuable and useful resource I could ask for to help with planning this stuff. It is an absolute must have if you want to plan some western hunts for yourself in the future, regardless of whether you’re going guided or on a DIY hunt.
If you buy a membership and read their stuff carefully, you’ll set yourself up for success by avoiding situations where you’re wasting your money on applications you have literally 0% odds of drawing and potentially end up having a quality hunt YEARS sooner than you would have otherwise because you simply know the odds and can find some of the under the radar hunts to apply for like I have over the years.
Go to goHunt.com, sign up for an INSIDER membership TODAY, and use it to start planning your future hunts. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you do to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.