Apple | iHeart | Overcast | Spotify | Stitcher
Today we’re talking about the basics of javelina hunting: what they are, where they live, why you should hunt them, and how to actually go about hunting them. Just like the title says, this episode covers all the basics of hunting javelina for those who don’t quite know where to start hunting these creatures. Reminder: the Arizona javelina application deadline is coming up on 12 October 2021.
Show Sponsor: Trusted my millions – HuntStand offers revolutionary mapping abilities, detailed weather information, national property ownership data for the United States AND Canada, Monthly Satellite Imagery, scouting camera management, 3d maps, ultra-high-resolution map printing services, and much more. Go to thebiggamehuntingblog.com/huntstand and use promo code BIGGAMEUNTER for 10% off your first year of HuntStand PRO.
Muzzleloaders 101: Sign up for the Muzzleloaders 101 course at muzzleloaders101.com/buy and I’ll take you by the hand and guide you through the whole process of getting started hunting with a muzzleloader. I’ll help you decide what gear you need, help you SAVE money when you buy that gear, and teach you how to use all that stuff safely and effectively.
What We Covered
1) What javelina are, what they look like, and where they live.
2) How to identify male vs female javelina, how to pick out mature animals, and how javelina are scored.
3) How to find javelina.
4) Javelina hunting method recommendations.
5) The best way to stalk javelina.
6) More detailed look at the javelina hunting opportunities in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
7) Why javelina are so fun to hunt and why they’re a good animal for newer hunters to pursue initially.
8) Why you should consider using a short range weapon when hunting javelina.
The Muzzleloaders 101 course is an all-in-one solution where I’ll take you by the hand and guide you through the whole process of getting started hunting with a muzzleloader. I’ll help you decide what gear you need, help you SAVE money when you buy that gear, and teach you how to use all that stuff safely and effectively.
Nowhere else will you find such a comprehensive resource for learning how to use a muzzleloader where you can also save some serious money getting outfitted. I’m offering the course at a discount right now to all listeners of the Big Game Hunting Podcast. Sign-up while the offer is still valid and you can get lifetime access to everything for a one-time payment at the new, discounted price.
Head on over to muzzleloaders101.com/buy and sign up for instant access.