Former special operations sniper team leader Ryan Cleckner of GunUniversity.com was kind enough to join us on this episode of the Big Game Hunting Podcast to discuss some tangible things YOU can do to improve YOUR shooting ability when it actually matters while afield. Make sure you pay attention to this discussion because Ryan drops some serious knowledge that can really help you take your shooting game to the next level.
Show sponsor: The Long Range Shooting Handbook. Buy Ryan’s book and internalize the lessons it contains. If you do that, you will become a better shooter afield, no question about it.
What We Covered
1) Discussion on the pros and cons of the prone, kneeling, sitting, and standing shooting positions.
2) List of items that can be used to help you get steady when getting set up for a shot as well as how to best use them.
3) Mental checklist that Ryan uses to avoid forgetting a vital step when he gets set up to shoot.
4) The one, single most important piece of advice Ryan gives to shooters who want to improve their marksmanship.
1) Learn more about Ryan and the work he does at GunUniversity.com.
2) Buy a copy of Ryan’s best-selling book: The Long Range Shooting Handbook. If you buy that book and internalize the lessons the book contains, you will become a better shooter afield, no question about it.