Brandon Maddox, the owner and CEO of Silencer Central, joined me on this episode to talk about the ins and outs of silencers. We talk about the pros and cons of hunting with a silencer, how to get one, and how Silencer Central has revolutionized the process of obtaining a silencer to make the process as easy and as fast as possible. As I like to do, we dig deep into the details of both the legal side of suppressor ownership (to include traveling with one), the logistics of silencers like barrel threading, silencer maintenance, and the new E-Forms the ATF just started accepting that should make the process much faster than it used to be.
Show sponsor: Be sure to sign up for my email list at huntingguns101.com. You’ll get my free E-book when you do so and you’ll also receive the email updates I send out every weekday. If you like The Big Game Hunting Podcast you’ll love those emails. I talk about all sorts of things in my emails: cartridge and bullet selection, hunting in Africa, funny hunting stories, etc. I also send an in stock email update every Friday to everyone on the list with some of the latest news on ammo I’ve found and where you can get it.
Silencer Central Banish 30 Review – Article referenced in podcast
What We Covered
1) Background on Brandon and how he got into the Silencer business.
2) Silencer vs suppressor
3) States where suppressors are legal to own and legal to hunt with.
4) The benefits of hunting and shooting with a suppressor.
5) How much suppressors actually reduce sound.
6) Recommended maintenance of a suppressor.
7) Legal process for purchasing a suppressor, how Silencer Central can make that process easier, and what the future might hold on that front.
8) Benefits of using a trust to purchase a suppressor.
9) Things to keep in mind when traveling with a suppressor to a different state as well as a different country and what happens when you move.
There are things you can do as a hunter to make things both easier and harder with your choice of a firearm on one of these hunts. Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and check out the modules on internal, external, and terminal ballistics that will help you gain a thorough understanding of what’s necessary to hit AND ethically kill whatever animal you’re after, regardless of whether that’s Bushpig or cape buffalo. Go to huntingguns101.com/form and submit the order form to receive instant access or go to huntingguns101.com/order to learn more about the training.