Preview Of My 2019 Hunting Season
Today I wanted to take a few minutes to give you a brief update on what my hunting season will look like this year. Now, we’re still in the dog days of summer down in Texas, but I’ve gotten all the draw results back from every state I put in for this year, so my hunting schedule for this fall and winter is pretty well set and I’ve been starting more detailed preparations for hunting season.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Details on the New Mexico pronghorn hunt I’ll be assisting my friend on
2) Changes New Mexico made to their pronghorn hunts this year and how this will impact our hunt
3) Details on my Colorado pronghorn hunt and why I’m hunting there this year after hunting pronghorn in Wyoming last year
4) Rundown on my New Mexico mule deer hunt
5) How my mule deer hunt in New Mexico this year will be different from my hunts in that same unit during the past two years
6) Why I’m most excited for my Coues deer hunt in Arizona this December
1) My discussion with Fred Bohm back in Episode 9 about Coues Deer hunting in Arizona
2) Rundown of my successful 2017 New Mexico mule deer hunt
GoHunt has some of the most comprehensive information available anywhere on where to go to hunt iconic western animals (like mule deer, pronghorn, and elk) They specialize in providing information necessary on how to draw the necessary tag, and what hunting tactics work best in specific areas. I’ve used goHUNT for the past several years with great success and cannot recommend them highly enough. With their help, I’ve been able to find and draw “hidden gem” tags in several different states that there’s no way I would have known about on my own.
This is especially true for the tags I drew this year: four hunts in three different states for three different species of game that I drew with a grand total of 4 bonus/preference points (1 in Colorado and 3 in Arizona).
Check them out at goHunt.com and Use the promo code “BIGGAMEHUNTER” when you sign up for a new INSIDER membership to get $50 in store credit at the goHUNT gear shop. So, not only will you get the most up to date western drawing odds, but you’ll also get a discount on some good quality hunting gear to go along with it.