Are you dreaming of going moose hunting, but aren’t sure how you’ll be able to afford a hunt in Alaska or the Yukon? The good news is that there are some places in Canada that also offer some really awesome moose hunts that cost a fraction of what you’ll pay for a moose hunt in Alaska. Cable Smith from the Lone Star Outdoor Show is back today and he shared the story of his moose hunt in Newfoundland last year and why those hunts are a great option for many people.
Giveaway: I’m giving away 3 copies of Ryan Cleckner’s book The Long Range Shooting Handbook to listeners of the show. To enter, subscribe to the Big Game Hunting Podcast, leave a rating and review on whatever podcast service you use, and share the show either with a friend you think will enjoy it or on your social media account.
Email screenshots showing you completed those steps to [email protected]
Feel free to email me at the address above with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Brief overview of Newfoundland moose hunts, what time of year they occur, and about how much they cost.
2) Story of Cable’s Newfoundland moose hunt.
3) Recommended gear, cartridge, and bullets for moose hunting.
4) Other things to keep in mind about hunting moose.
1) LoneStarOutdoorShow.com – Cable’s Web Site
3) Learn more about Arluk Outfitters and their moose hunts
4) Below are a few photos of Cable on his Moose hunt.