Today, Dan Roland is back for another great hunting discussion on the Big Game Hunting Podcast. You may remember him from episode 84 when we talked about hunting brown and grizzly bear up in Alaska. Well, Dan has also been on a couple of Dall Sheep hunts in Alaska and the Yukon and we really get into the nitty gritty details of those hunts in this episode. So, if you’ve always dreamed about a sheep hunting adventure, then you’ll love today’s show.
Ep 226: Dan Roland On Musk Ox Hunting – Podcast referenced in episode
Ep 84: Dan Roland On Brown Bear Hunting In Alaska – Podcast referenced in episode
Show Sponsor: GoHunt. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.
Feel free to email me at the address above with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Brief overview of Dan’s sheep hunts.
2) Discussion of challenges he faced on each hunt and how he overcame them.
3) Challenges associated with finding a legal ram in Alaska.
4) Things he wished he knew before going on those hunts.
5) Discussion on the travel and logistics involved with hunting in Alaska and the Yukon.
6) Discussion on gear recommendations for those hunts.
7) About how much a Dall Sheep hunt costs.
You can connect with Dan on Instagram danroland67
Below is a photo of Dan with his Dall Sheep. Notice that the ram’s right horn is broomed.