Spring is here and that means bear seasons all over the country will be opening soon. If you’re not one of the lucky hunters who with a spring bear hunt on your calendar, talking about going bear hunting might be the next best thing. Today, we’re joined by Dan Roland who is a veteran of many hunts in Alaska, both for coastal brown bear and grizzly bear. Well, Dan and I are going to get into the nitty gritty details of bear hunting in Alaska. So, if you’ve always dreamed about one of those hunts, you’re gonna love the show today.
Giveaway: I’m giving away 3 copies of Ryan Cleckner’s book The Long Range Shooting Handbook to listeners of the show. To enter, subscribe to the Big Game Hunting Podcast, leave a rating and review on whatever podcast service you use, and share the show either with a friend you think will enjoy it or on your social media account.
Email screenshots showing you completed those steps to [email protected]
Feel free to email me at the address above with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Brief overview of Dan’s three brown/grizzly bear hunts.
2) Discussion of challenges he faced on each hunt and how he overcame them.
3) Things he wished he knew before going on those hunts.
4) Discussion on the travel and logistics involved with hunting in Alaska.
5) Discussion on gear recommendations for those hunts.
6) About how much one of those hunts cost.
You can connect with Dan on Instagram danroland67
Below is a photo of his 10″ Alaska Brown Bear