Eric Miller from Federal Premium joined me on this episode of The Big Game Hunting Podcast. We talked about the history of Federal Premium, the different types of bullets and big game ammo lines Federal Premium currently manufactures, the various situations that ammo is best used for, and the story of the .338 Federal and .224 Valkyrie cartridges and what advantages they offer to hunters.
Giveaway: I’m giving away 3 copies of Ryan Cleckner’s book The Long Range Shooting Handbook to listeners of the show. To enter, subscribe to the Big Game Hunting Podcast, leave a rating and review on whatever podcast service you use, and share the show either with a friend you think will enjoy it or on your social media account.
Email screenshots showing you completed those steps to [email protected]
Show sponsor: Get some high quality, reasonably priced ammo using the bullets discussed in this podcast at Lucky Gunner. That link, plus the links below, is an affiliate link. This means I will earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase. This helps support the podcast and allows me to continue to create free content that’s useful to hunters like yourself. Thanks for your support.
Feel free to email me at the address above with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Brief overview of the history on Federal Premium and what the company is up to today.
2) What you need to know about the Federal Power Shok line (get Federal Power Shok ammo here).
3) What you need to know about the Federal Fusion line (get Federal Fusion ammo here).
4) What you need to know about the Federal Non-Typical line (get Federal Premium Non-Typical ammo here).
5) What you need to know about the Federal HammerDown line (get Federal Premium HammerDown ammo here).
6) What you need to know about the Federal Premium Centerfire Rifle line (get Federal Premium Centerfire Rifle ammo here).
7) What you need to know about the Federal Premium Safari line (get Federal Premium Safari ammo here).
8) Details on various non-lead ammo options Federal Premium offers.
9) More specific details on the history, design, evolution, and performance characteristics of the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, the Trophy Bonded Tipped, the Edge TLR, and the Terminal Ascent bullets.
10) Recommendations on specific bullets and ammunition lines for various hunts.
11) What you need to know about the .224 Valkyrie and .338 Federal Cartridges.
Learn more about the .224 Valkyrie and .338 Federal cartridges by reading the articles below.
Learn more about the Federal Premium ammunition in general here.