How To Protect Your Hearing While Hunting
I think we can all agree that we’d love to keep our sense of hearing for our entire life. After all, I’m sure you know someone who has a tough time hearing and can barely carry on a conversation. It’s even worse for those who have severe tinnitus, which is an absolutely miserable (and incurable) condition for a lot of people.
There are many different things that can damage your ears, but if you do a lot of hunting with firearms, there’s one simple thing you can do to avoid hearing loss and make sure you don’t have to wear hearing aids later in life: wear ear protection while you’re hunting.
So with all that in mind, in this episode, I’m going go over some of the best hunting ear protection products that you should be wearing afield to safeguard your precious hearing.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Why it’s so important to protect your hearing while hunting
2) Why many of the traditional arguments against wearing hearing protection don’t hold water
3) Pros and cons of the Howard Leight Quiet Band for ear protection
4) Pros and cons of impulse ear plugs for ear protection
5) Why I consider the Howard Leight Impact Sport and Impact Pro to be ideal choices of ear protection for hunter
6) Pros and cons of wearing electronic ear plugs for ear protection
1) Purchase your hunting ear protection using the affiliate links below
Howard Leight Impact Sport Highly Recommended!
2) Learn more about these hunting ear protection options at the link below