Today we’re going to talk about how to find out which turkey hunting ammunition is best for your shotgun. Just like with rifles and centerfire ammunition, it’s important to see what turkey hunting ammo shoots best in your shotgun. That process is called “patterning” and in this episode I’m going to explains what shotgun patterning is and how to pattern your turkey hunting shotgun.
Show Sponsor: Sign up for the Hunting Guns 101 course at HuntingGuns101.com/order and I’ll teach you how to choose the best firearm, sighting system, and ammunition for your specific needs so you can hunt with confidence knowing you’re using the absolute best tool for the job.
Apple | iHeart | Overcast | Spotify | Stitcher
What We Covered
1) What it means to pattern a shotgun and why it’s important.
2) How you should actually go about patterning your turkey hunting shotgun.
3) How patterning a turkey hunting shotgun is different from patterning other shotguns.
4) How to determine your maximum effective range with your shotgun.
5) Where you should aim on a turkey with a shotgun and why.
The Hunting Guns 101 course is an all-in-one solution that makes learning to choose the perfect firearm to fill your tag on your dream hunt easier than ever! In the course, I’ll teach you how to analyze the game you’re hunting and the prevailing conditions where your hunt takes place to determine what sort of performance you need for best odds of success. Then, I’ll teach you how to select the best rifle, sighting system, and ammunition for that particular hunt that delivers the performance you need for best odds of success.
Head on over to HuntingGuns101.com/order and sign up for instant access.