Jake Downs On Hunting In Alaska
Today we’re going to dip our toe into some of the incredible hunting opportunities that are available in Alaska and hopefully provide a little insight into how to get started planning a hunt up there. We’re joined again by Jake Downs who has also done a bit of hunting up in Alaska, both with an outfitter and on self-guided hunts.
Here are a few things you need to know about hunting in Alaska before you start planning a hunt.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) Logistics of hunting in Alaska.
2) What species you can hunt in Alaska.
3) Discussion on what species you can hunt without a guide and what species require hunting with a guide in Alaska.
4) How much time you should allocate to a hunt up in Alaska, to include travel time.
5) Things to keep in mind when booking flights and why you should consider renting a U-Haul truck if you need to do any driving.
6) About how much a hunt in Alaska will cost.
7) Essential pieces of gear you should bring on a hunt in Alaska.