Jeff Roberts from PNWild is back on for this episode of The Big Game Hunting Podcast to talk about spot and stalk fall bear hunting in Washington. We discuss why Washington is such a great destination for black bear hunting, what habitat black bears prefer in the fall, what resources he uses to find good places to hunt black bears, what sort of gear he uses, and what he thinks about black bear meat.
Show Sponsor: Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
Learn more about bear hunting in Washington state here.
What We Covered
1) Jeff shares the story of one of his more memorable fall bear hunts.
2) Brief overview of the Washington fall bear hunting season: dates, weapons, location, etc.
3) What the most commonly used methods are for those hunts.
4) Discussion on the best places to find bears in the fall.
5) What things to look for when E-Scouting for a fall bear hunt.
6) What resources Jeff recommends for gathering information on fall bear hunting before hitting the woods.
7) What rifle, cartridge, and ammunition he likes to use on his fall bear hunts.
8) What success rates are like on these hunts.
8) What Jeff thinks of bear meat.
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you’ll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield. Go to huntingguns101.com/form and submit the order form to receive instant access or go to huntingguns101.com/order to learn more about the training.
1) Check out the PNWild Podcast on Apple Podcasts
2) Follow PNWild on Instagram
3) Visit the PNWild Web Page Here
4) Below is a photo of Jeff and a bear he took on a fall hunt in Washington.