It’s September now and that means that fall is right around the corner. Hunting seasons are starting to open, so I want to shift gears a bit and talk about hunting bear in the fall this week and next week. Today we have Phil Churchill on the show with us we’re going to talk about black bear hunting with hounds in the northeast states of New Hampshire and Maine.
Show Sponsors: We The People Holsters: They have literally thousands of different holster options for left and right handed shooters, inside and outside the waistband holsters, and a cool selection of different custom printed holsters. So, you’re almost guaranteed to find the exact holster that fits your needs the best. Go to WeThePeopleHolsters.com now and use code BIGGAMEHUNTER to support The Big Game Hunting Podcast and take 15% off your order.
Hunting Guns 101: Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
What We Covered
1) Where Philip hunted bear, what time of year he hunted, and how got his bear tags.
2) Story of Philip’s Maine black bear hunt.
3) Story of Philip’s New Hampshire black bear hunt.
4) What firearm set-up he used on each hunt.
5) What kind of and how many dogs he used on each hunt.
6) Other equipment he considers essential for these hunts.
7) How the meat from those bears tasted.
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you’ll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield. Go to huntingguns101.com/form and submit the order form to receive instant access or go to huntingguns101.com/order to learn more about the training.