5 Tips To Prepare For Hunting Season
Today’s show is a short one because, as you’re listening to this, I’m heading up to New Mexico for my muzzleloader mule deer hunt. I’m heading up a couple days early for some final scouting before the season starts on Saturday. I just wrapped up my Colorado pronghorn hunt last week and had a short turn around to get things taken care of from that hunt while at the same time preparing for my hunt in New Mexico.
So with that in mind, I wanted to go over some things YOU should do before hunting season starts. I do realize that some of you have been hunting for over a month at this point, but that’s not the case for everyone and other people may have a few weeks remaining before they can hit the woods. If you’re in the latter category, make the most of your remaining time to prepare before you head out.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
Apple | Google | iHeart | Overcast | Spotify | Stitcher
What We Covered
1) Importance of getting your new gear set up well in advance.
2) What steps you need to take when switching over to new ammunition.
3) Why you should stock up on your favorite ammo well in advance of hunting season.
4) What you should do after returning from a hunt to make it easier for things the next hunting season.
5) Why you should be very careful and diligently study hunting regulations, even if you’ll be hunting in the same spot as usual