Ryan Lisson of Zero To Hunt – How To Scout A New Hunting Area
We were fortunate to interview Ryan Lisson of Zero to Hunt on this episode and he provided a bunch of great tips and tricks on how to find a place to hunt on public land, how to scout a new area without leaving home, and then what sort of things you should be looking for when scouting an area in person.
Ryan is a veteran hunter and a wildlife biologist by profession, so he has a lot of experience putting these exact strategies he discussed in the podcast to good use out in the field. So, if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed and just didn’t know where to begin when looking for a place to hunt on public land, this podcast contains lots of helpful information you should be able to put to use immediately.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
What We Covered
1) How to find a place to hunt on public land
2) How to narrow down a gigantic area, like an entire Game Management Unit, into more manageable blocks via E-scouting (or desk scouting)
3) E-scouting resources available to all hunters
4) Specific things to look for while E-scouting
5) Specific things to look for while scouting a hunting area in person
6) Pros and cons of scouting during various times of the year
1) ZeroToHunt.com – Ryan’s Web Site
4) More detailed articles by Ryan on how to find new hunting areas and how to scout them effectively: