We have Trail Kreitzer from goHunt back on the Big Game Hunting Podcast today and we’re going to go into detail about the first group of western big game application options. Specifically, we’re going to be talking about the Wyoming elk draw, the Arizona elk/pronghorn draw, the Utah draw for all species, the Montana deer/elk draw, and the New Mexico draw for all species. We’ll briefly cover the overall prospects for each draw in order to give you an idea if each individual draw is something that’s worth investigating in more detail.
Feel free to send me a message with any feedback you have on the show as well as topic requests for future episodes.
Show sponsor: GoHunt. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.
Apple | Google | iHeart | Overcast | Spotify | Stitcher
What We Covered
1) Difference between preference and bonus points.
2) What point creep is.
3) Overview of the Wyoming elk draw and why Wyoming is a good option for short, medium, and long term elk hunting plans.
4) Overview of the Arizona elk and pronghorn draw and why Arizona is a good option for medium and long term elk hunting plans as well as why drawing a pronghorn hunt there is such a long shot.
5) Overview of the Utah hunting draw and why most of the hunts in Utah are best used as a long term option.
6) Overview of the Montana deer and elk hunting draw and why those hunts, but particularly deer, are great short term options for hunters who want a great opportunity for a quality deer hunt with an easy to obtain tag.
7) Overview of the New Mexico hunting draw and why that state is a MUST apply each year, especially for pronghorn and elk as well as some of the more exotic species like ibex and oryx.
If you liked what you heard today and want to learn more about the deer, elk, or pronghorn opportunities in some specific states so you can work on making the hunt of your dreams come together, then head over to goHunt.com and sign up for their INSIDER membership. When you do that, use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER and they’ll ALSO give you $50 in store credit at their gear shop. I use the information they provide to help with my hunt planning each year and that membership has paid for itself many times over.
With their help, I’ve been able to find and draw “hidden gem” tags in several different states that there’s no way I would have known about on my own. Specifically, I applied for and drew my Colorado pronghorn tag and my Arizona coues deer tag this year as a direct result of information I learned from goHunt.
So, sign up for an INSIDER membership at GoHunt.com and you can get the information you need to pull a great tag for yourself. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop. Not only will you get the information that will help you know exactly what units to apply for in order to have a fun hunt with a reasonable chance of drawing, but you’ll also get $50 in store credit that you can use to buy some good quality hunting gear at the same time.