Apple | Google | iHeart | Spotify | Stitcher
Regardless of what some people would have you believe, the AR-15 platform can be an outstanding choice for hunting all manner of game. In this episode of The Big Game Hunting Podcast, I give an overview of some of the most popular cartridges used in the AR-15 along with the pros and cons of using each one for hunting various species of game. Specifically, I cover the .223 Remington, 5.56 NATO, .224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .300 Blackout, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, and .50 Beowulf.
Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and Sign up for my free e-book on the best hunting calibers at to receive the entertaining and informative emails I send out about hunting, firearms, and ballistics every weekday (along with my weekly ammo supply updates).
1) Learn more about the cartridges discussed in this episode below
2) 223 vs 5.56: Which One Should You Shoot In Your AR-15
3) 224 Valkyrie: Should You Buy One?
4) 223/5.56 vs 300 Blackout vs 308 Winchester: Which Is Best
5) 6.8 SPC vs 6.5 Grendel: What You Need To Know
6) 6.5 Grendel vs 6.5 Creedmoor: Which New 6.5 Cartridge Is Best For You?
7) 300 Blackout vs 7.62×39: Everything You Need To Know
8) .450 Bushmaster vs .458 SOCOM vs .50 Beowulf: Battle of the Big Bore AR Cartridges