Joseph von Benedikt is back on the show again today to talk about moose hunting. As always, Joseph does a great job of telling some very interesting and detailed stories of some really cool hunts. In this episode, he shares the story of 2 moose hunts in Canada as well as a moose hunt in Alaska he went on with Neal Emery a few years ago. Of course, we talk about moose hunting cartridges and rifles as well as less often discussed, but still very important topics like meat handling and the logistics of these hunts.
Show Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and sign up for my free E-Book to also receive the my weekly ammo supply updates I send out to people that live in the United States.
Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
What We Covered
1) Joseph shares the story of his 3 moose hunts in Alaska and Canada.
2) Examples of the difficulties associated with weather and terrain on moose hunts.
2) Story illustrating just how good a moose’s hearing is.
4) The distinction Joseph draws between a good elk cartridge vs a good moose cartridge.
5) Cartridges and bullets Joseph recommends for moose.
6) Cost of a good moose hunt.
7) Discussion on the logistics of a moose hunt, to include how to get your meat and trophy home after the hunt.
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you’ll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield. Go to huntingguns101.com/form and submit the order form to receive instant access or go to huntingguns101.com/order to learn more about the training.
1) Joseph’s Personal Instagram Page
2) Check out Joseph’s podcast: The Backcountry Hunting Podcast on Apple Podcasts
3) Backcountryhuntingpodcast.net – Web site For the Backcountry Hunting Podcast
4) Below is a photo of Joseph and his Alaska moose.