Joseph von Benedikt is back is on the show with us for our second successful bighorn sheep hunt recap in as many months today. We’re going to talk about how Joseph got this opportunity, the importance of maintaining good physical fitness and of taking care of your gear in the off season, the story of his hunt, some lessons he learned along the way, and what the future holds for him.
Show Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and sign up for my free E-Book to also receive the my weekly ammo supply updates I send out to people that live in the United States.
Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
What We Covered
1) How Joseph got this opportunity to hunt bighorn sheep on such short notice.
2) What his goals were for the hunt and what size/age sheep he was allowed to shoot.
2) The story of his hunt.
4) The details of the rifle set-up and ammunition he used on this hunt.
5) What the future holds for Joseph.
6) The importance of being physically fit and otherwise prepared to take advantage of a hunting opportunity like this one if and when it comes around for you
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you’ll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield.
You will also learn things like:
- The clever (and extremely successful) way legendary hunters like Jack O’Connor and Theodore Roosevelt sighted in their hunting rifles to give them the longest possible effective range afield in the days before laser rangefinders.
- The little known, but vitally important characteristics true experts look at when evaluating cartridges and specific bullets for a particular hunting situation (and I’m not talking about kinetic energy).
- The real reasons why bullets will sometimes unexpectedly fail on big game and how to avoid those situations.
- The important task most people forget to do when traveling a long distance with their rifle for a hunt that can be the difference between success and failure afield.
- Four different, very specific, and sometimes counterintuitive combinations of bullet characteristics and performance that are virtually guaranteed to deliver extremely quick kills and short tracking jobs on almost any species of big game in the world.
- And much more
1) Joseph’s Personal Instagram Page
2) Check out Joseph’s podcast: The Backcountry Hunting Podcast on Apple Podcasts
3) Backcountryhuntingpodcast.net – Web site For the Backcountry Hunting Podcast
4) Below is a photo of Joseph and his bighorn sheep.